Interested in membership?
The Junior League of Syracuse (JLS) welcomes a new groups of women to join our membership on a rolling admissions basis. Please refer to our events page for the most up to date listing of New Member Training class days and times. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the eligibility considerations?
Prospective JLS members must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess an interest in volunteerism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community participation
What are the benefits of Junior League membership?
As a JLS member you will:
- Be empowered to improve our community through various stages of collaborations, from planning through implementation and assessment
- Develop leadership skills through formal and experiential training
- Participate in networking and social activities
- Build lasting friendships
- Utilize skills through membership and committee engagement
- Become a part of an international organization of over 150,000 women, The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI)
- Be eligible to transfer your membership to other Leagues
- Attend one of our recruitment events (see our events page for upcoming events)
- Complete the New Member Application
- Complete new member training course
- Pay new member dues (currently $100^)
- Sign Letter of Agreement
- Be voted into membership upon successful completion of new member orientation, following which new members will become active members
Responsibilities of JLS membership:Active Member
- Pay annual dues* by April 15th for the following League year beginning July 1 (currently $100^)
- Support the JLS fundraiser(s) in the form of participation and financial support at the levels approved by membership
- Support the new member class as needed
- Actively participate in assigned League placement (committee, chair, or board position)
- Attend a minimum of five general membership meetings (GMMs), held the second Tuesday of each month
- Participate in community collaborations/projects/programs
* Payment plans available
^ Dues are subject to change & are pro-rated if you join after January of the league year (which runs July – June)