In 2016, in honor of our 95 year history of serving the Syracuse community, the Junior League of Syracuse participated in a four-day volunteer service initiative, 95 for 95. Associated with this effort, JLS members individually gave 95 minutes of their time over a four-day period.
The Junior League was pleased to commemorate this significant milestone by partnering with several community organizations. Between October 1st through October 4th, members volunteered at the following community partners, serving meals, doing crafts with children, visiting patients, and providing and leading activities for residents.
- Thursday, October 1st ~ Dorothy Day House
- Friday, October 2nd ~ Rescue Mission
- Saturday, October 3rd ~ Westside Family Resource Center (PEACE, Inc.)
- Saturday, October 3rd ~ Chadwick Residence
- Sunday, October 4th ~ Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Sunday, October 4th ~ Catholic Charities Emergency Men’s Shelter